There's more to this world than knitting, although when pressed I won't admit to it.

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Giraffe Baby Mobile

I have finally started making things for our new addition, coming in April. Last weekend I went fabric shopping with my Mom & Grandma and we picked out all the fabric to make the bedding, so now I have what I need to start my other side projects and here is where I started.

His nursery theme will be giraffe's and the colors will be yellow & gray with turquoise as an accent. I was going to do a step by step instructional on how to make this, but there are A LOT of steps. Not that it took that long to make, but posting pictures and instructions would get a bit lengthy and I just don't feel like doing it :) Although, if you would like more instructions or helpful tid-bits please feel free to email me at thenannythatknits@gmail.com with any questions. And as always, if you make one yourself, I would LOVE to see a picture!

First I got some giraffe silhouette's off of the internet, trying to find different poses, which proved harder than I thought. I found 5 total and cut them out on felt. Then I hand stitched them to squares of fabric.


Next, I cut the squared edges off to fit each individual felt shape.


Before sewing the back and front together, I made sure and put a ribbon in the seam to allow for hanging.


I then filled it full of batting.


And hand-stitched it together.


Here they are all finished and ready to be hung.


Then, it was time to sew the ribbons to the hoop.


I made sure they were the same length of ribbon and sewn the same length from the hoop, for continuity.


The finished product!! 




I can't wait until it's hung over his crib!

The Nanny That Knits



No comments:

Post a Comment